Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Park Hill School District Education Foundation scholarship program?

The Foundation’s program is made up 17 scholarships established by corporations and individuals to assist students seeking further education. Any Park Hill senior may apply.

What are the eligibility requirements?

When each scholarship was established specific criteria was established by the donor. Please review each scholarship’s specific criteria to see if you are eligible.

How much does it cost to apply?

There are no costs involved to apply.

When is the deadline to apply?

The deadline for the applications will be clearly marked on the applications. Applications must be received before the due date. Applications received after the due date will not be considered. Applications and attachments may vary for each scholarship. Please be sure to read through the criteria carefully. Examples of attachments may include essays, letters of recommendations, grades, etc.

What colleges can I attend?

The Park University Endowed Scholarship requires you must attend Park University. The Ohlhausen Family Endowed Scholarship requires you must attend any University of Missouri campus or attend Truman State University.   The Richard & Judy Cummings Scholarship requires you attend a state university/college in Missouri. All of the other scholarships can be used at any community college, college, or university.

May I apply for more than one scholarship from the Foundation?

Yes, as long as you meet the criteria. You must apply and complete all of the requirements for each of the specific scholarships. A student may not receive more than one scholarship from the Foundation.

How does the Foundation determine who will receive a scholarship?

A selection committee comprised of educators and business/community leaders review each application. The applications are scored through a “blind” process. This means the committee members do not know the identity of the applicant.

Do I get the check if I’m awarded a scholarship?

No, the checks are written directly to the school for the benefit of the student. You must supply the address of the school’s financial aid office and a check will be sent in the summer.